Finally! Using the same technique as I figured out shown in my previous blog post, I added the boarder to the quilt to complete.
I’m proud of what I have made and feel it is a huge improvement from my first experiment. I have never worked with sewing in that scale before, but definitely enjoyed it and would do it again. It’s so rewarding to see something you have made and be able to use it/hang it in your own home. Each individual square has its own meaning and emotion, all combined into one comfy square. The border was a little bit difficult in some parts due to the squares being different sizes, but I’m surprised to say you can’t really tell in the end. Especially if this is used as a quilt, it will not sit perfectly anyway so minor mistakes won’t be noticeable.
Some close ups: